Individuals interested in learning more about the Safe Zone program should attend a training. After the training, individuals have the option of signing a contract indicating their participation in Safe Zone and are given a Safe Zone sticker to place prominently at their work station or on their door.
Members of the university community who participate in the Safe Zone Program:
- Believe that our campus is enriched by the diversity of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people.
- Are aware of the presence of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex students and colleagues and are willing to engage them in genuine dialogue and interaction.
- Are willing to discuss issues impacting gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people’s lives in a nonjudgmental manner.
- Are willing to assist individuals in accessing support and information resources on campus and in the community.
- Pledge to maintain confidentiality.
- Comfortably use inclusive language, avoiding stereotyping, and do not assume gender binaries or heterosexuality.
Fall 2022 registration has closed. Sign up below to be notified when the next Safe Zone training is scheduled.