- Individuals interested in learning more about the Safe Zone program should attend a training. After the training, individuals have the option of signing a contract indicating their participation in Safe Zone and are given a Safe Zone sticker to place prominently at their work station or on their door.
Members of the university community who participate in the Safe Zone Program:
- Believe that our campus is enriched by the diversity of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people.
- Are aware of the presence of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex students and colleagues and are willing to engage them in genuine dialogue and interaction.
- Are willing to discuss issues impacting gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people’s lives in a nonjudgmental manner.
- Are willing to assist individuals in accessing support and information resources on campus and in the community.
- Pledge to maintain confidentiality.
- Comfortably use inclusive language, avoiding stereotyping, and do not assume gender binaries or heterosexuality.
New Training Opportunity for Fall 2023
- Tuesday, October 31, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. held in the Ottenheimer Library room 535.
Because participation is limited, requesting registration may not guarantee your spot. You will receive a confirmation email in the coming days. Only UA Little Rock staff and faculty will be attending this training.
Unable to attend training this time around? Subscribe to be notified of future training sessions as they are scheduled.