The School of Counseling, Human Performance, and Rehabilitation (CHPR) provides a quality education to a heterogeneous student body at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The goal is to prepare students with the special knowledge and skills for professional work in education and human service fields, and to enhance students’ abilities to be successful in their chosen fields of study.
CHPR offers four graduate degrees and two undergraduate degrees.
The undergraduate degrees are:
- Bachelor of Science in K-12 Health & Physical Education licensure
- Bachelor of Science in Health Education and Promotion
The graduate degrees are:
- Master of Education in Adult Education [web-enhanced]
- Master of Education in Counselor Education [web-enhanced, some courses online]
- Master of Arts in Counseling: Rehabilitation Counseling [an online degree]
- Master of Arts in Rehabilitation for the Blind with an emphasis in Orientation and Mobility [online]
- Master of Science Health Education and Promotion
- Master of ScienceSport Management
CHPR offers five academic minors:
Health & Exercise Science
Location: Dickenson Hall Room 515
Hours: Monday through Friday ~ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sign Language Lab Hours:
Monday through Friday ~ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Ella Irby, Lab Assistant
IEP Lab Schedule: Check with the IEP Program lab assistant at the beginning of the semester.
Jennifer K. Holtz, Ph.D.
Dickenson Hall Suite 515