Preparing Graduates to Make Life Better for Others
The School of Counseling, Human Performance, and Rehabilitation (CHPR) provides a quality education to a diverse student body at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Our goal is to prepare students with the special knowledge and skills for professional work in education and human service fields, and to enhance students’ abilities to be successful in their chosen fields of study.
Our School offers five undergraduate degrees, five graduate degrees, and five minors: American Sign Language, Educational Interpreting, Health and Exercise Science, Health Science, and Sport Management.
- Bachelor of Arts in Interpretation: ASL/English
- Bachelor of Science in K-12 Health & Physical Education (opportunity for licensure)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Education and Promotion
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders/Speech Language Pathology
- Associate of Science in American Sign Language Studies
- Master of Arts in Counseling – four tracks:
- Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Counselor Education
- Rehabilitation Counseling (traditional)
- Master of Arts in Rehabilitation for the Blind: Orientation and Mobility
- Master of Science in Health Education and Promotion (offered on campus and online)
- Master of Science in Sport Management
- Graduate Certificate in Orientation and Mobility
Our graduates are prepared to be independent, reflective practitioners and self-directed learners. Please contact us to learn more about our programs and explore how our students are making life better for others.