The primary goals of the Office of the Dean of Students are to educate students regarding the university’s expectations of behavior, to protect student’s rights, and to assure fairness and due process.
Philosophy of Student Conduct Programs:
- Discipline is a functional aspect of education and serves as a student development function of the university.
- Students who violate institutional standards are the students who can benefit most from disciplinary sanctions that can assist in their cognitive, ethical, and interpersonal growth.
- Both the interests of the student and the university are taken into account in determining the appropriate disciplinary sanction.
Purpose of Student Conduct Programs:
- To redirect the behavior of Students into acceptable patterns.
- To perform our educational development function.
- To teach self-discipline.
- To protect the rights of all students within the university community.