Students completing a marketing and advertising degree should accomplish the following educational objectives:
- Develop an understanding of the role of marketing in the global community and within individual organizations.
- Develop an understanding of the ethical and social responsibilities of marketers.
- Develop an understanding of the nature and methods of marketing management, including marketing organizations, marketing strategy planning, the development of marketing plans and programs, and the implementation and control of marketing programs.
- Develop an understanding of the nature of the marketing environment and the process of environmental analysis.
- Develop an understanding of the nature of consumer and institutional buyer markets, including an understanding of consumer and institutional buyer behavior.
- Develop an understanding of the process of market segmentation and finding target market opportunities.
- Develop an appreciation of the value of marketing information and an understanding of the marketing research process for obtaining marketing information.
- Develop an understanding of the marketing mix variables used by marketers in decision making, includes the following:
- Product management
- Marketing logistics management
- Marketing communications and promotion management
- Pricing management
Marketing & Advertising Department Vision, Mission, and Student Learning Goals/Objectives.