Reimbursement for Expenditures – 308.1

Back to Business

University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Policy Name: Reimbursement for Expenditures
Policy Number: 308.1
Effective Date: April 5, 2010


At the request of the Internal Audit Department of the University of Arkansas, effective immediately, all reimbursements for valid expenditures from the university or Foundation accounts require the submission of an original receipt or invoice. The submission of an original credit card receipt for university expenditure is acceptable as a valid receipt. Reimbursements should not be made based on the submission of photocopies of receipts or on the submission of monthly credit card billings.

However, when it is necessary to obtain reimbursement from the University of Arkansas Foundation, Inc., for travel expenditures incurred in excess of what the State of Arkansas will allow, the claim submitted to the Foundation should contain a letter documenting the reimbursement request along with copies of the TR-1, the travel check from the state and the associated receipts. All requests for personal reimbursement require the signature of the employee or immediate supervisor.

A letter or memorandum from a dean is sufficient for requesting an honorarium for an individual.

Any request for deviation from this policy requires the approval of the immediate supervisor, the appropriate dean or administrative director, the vice chancellor for finance and administration and the chancellor.

Source: Chancellor’s Memo to VCFA & VCUA, May 25, 1994
Revised: April 5, 2010
Approved By: Steve McClellan, AVCF, April 5, 2010
Custodian: Office of Finance and Administration