University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Policy Name: Class Scheduling Guidelines
Policy Number: LR 605.1
Effective Date: May 17, 2021
Revised Dates: July 1986; January 1995; January 1996; February 2004; March 14, 2017; November 27, 2017, May 2021
Most Recent Review Date: May 2021
In order to facilitate the usage of classrooms and allow students to create meaningful schedules, all classes that use classrooms on the University of Arkansas at Little Rock main campus must adhere to the defined class blocks. Classes that do not use classrooms on the main campus may develop start times and class blocks that suit their clientele.
Classes must be scheduled to start at the start time but may end any time before the end of the class block and may use any of the days in the class block. Any class in which a portion of the class will extend across multiple class blocks requires approval of the department chair (or equivalent) or designee with notification to the Registrar.
- The start times for MWF morning classes shall be 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00. The class block shall be 50 minutes long.
- The start times for MWF afternoon classes shall be 12:15, 1:40, and 4:30. The class block shall be 75 minutes long.
- The start times for MW evening classes and TR evening classes shall be 6, 7:25, and 8:50. The class block shall be 75 minutes long.
- The start times for TR classes shall be 8:00, 9:25, 10:50, 12:15, 1:40, 3:05, and 4:30. The class block shall be 75 minutes long.
- The start times for M, T, W, and R evening classes shall be 4:30, 6, and 7:25. The class block shall be 160 minutes long.
Monitoring of Policy
The Registrar’s Office offers annual mandatory training for all campus schedulers and produces audit reports distributed to the dean of each college, or the dean’s designee, assuring conformity to course scheduling guidelines.
Source: Faculty Senate
Status: Decommissioned (Merged with LR 514.7)
Approved By: Chancellor Christina Drale, May 17, 2021
Custodian: Office of Records and Registration