University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Policy Name: Hazard Communication
Policy Number: LR 701.20
Effective Date: September 25, 2008
Revised Dates: May 2013
Most Recent Review Date:
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) endeavors to:
- Protect the health and safety of UALR faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide safe work practices (academic, research, and administrative) for faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide information to faculty, staff, and students about health and safety hazards.
- Identify and correct health and safety hazards and encourage faculty, staff, and students to report hazards.
- Provide information and safeguards for those on campus and in the surrounding community regarding environmental hazards arising from operations at UALR.
To fulfill this university policy and to comply with the Occupational Safety and Health Administrative (OSHA) regulation 1910.1200, as amended in 2012, a Hazard Communication Program has been developed to communicate information about workplace hazards. Components of the program include adequate labeling of hazardous substances, providing information such as Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for hazardous substances, and training employees about chemical hazards in the workplace.
The Hazard Communication Program can be viewed HERE.
Source: Environmental Health and Safety
Approved By: Environmental Health and Safety Committee
Custodian: Environmental Health and Safety Department