|University of Arkansas at Little Rock|
|Policy Name: Admissions Deadlines and Criteria|
|Policy Number: 502.2|
|Effective Date: July 1, 2022
|Revised Date: February 2022
|Effective Date: February 2022
Admissions of First-time Freshmen
Applicants who present a high school diploma with all of the following academic qualifications will receive admission:
- Completion of the high school Core Curriculum for college preparation as required by Arkansas Code Annotated §§6-60-208 and 6-61-217 and defined by the Arkansas Higher
- Education Coordinating Board in consultation with the Arkansas State Board of Education, and either
- A cumulative high school grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or
- A cumulative high school grade-point average of 2.25 on a 4.0 scale, and ACT English, Math and Reading sub-scores of 15 or higher (minimum SAT sub-scores of 26 Writing, 26 Reading, and 515 Math), or
- Satisfaction of the ACT requirement of the Arkansas Academic Challenge for traditional students as set forth by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education.
- Students who receive a GED or are graduates of home schooling are admitted if they have ACT sub-scores in English, Math and Reading of 15 or higher
- Students age 24 or older with a cumulative high school grade-point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and who have completed all appropriate placement will receive admission
- Students using 6th semester transcripts will be admitted with the expectation of continued academic success in high school. Preference for housing will be given based on the date of admission.
Admission of Freshman Transfer Students
Freshmen Transfer Students are students with fewer than 12 acceptable transfer credits from another college or university. These students will be admitted if they meet the admission standards for first-time entering freshmen.
Students who do not meet our admission requirements are encouraged to apply and will be reviewed for possible admission. Any applicant whose admission is denied or deferred may, with the submission of additional information, request reconsideration.
Source: Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes (2/2022)
Approved By: Chancellor Christina Drale
Originator: Faculty Senate
Custodian: Faculty Senate