International students who are first-time freshmen, transfer students or post-baccalaureate students will apply for admission through the undergraduate admissions application. Graduate international students apply for admission through the Graduate School.
- Apply for admission and pay the $40 application fee.
- Submit your high school and/or post-secondary transcripts. All academic coursework must be evaluated for admissions purposes and must have a course by course evaluation.
International Post-secondary Transcripts: All international post-secondary transcripts must be submitted to an evaluation service such as International Education Evaluations (IEE), World Education Services (WES) or any approved NACES servicers before being submitted to the Office of Admissions. Admissions must have the course-by-course evaluation to satisfy the transcript requirement for admission. Additionally, you will need to provide English translations of course descriptions or syllabi to the Office of Transfer Student Services in order for your previously earned credit to be applied to UA Little Rock degree requirements.
- Submit your TOEFL or IELTS scores to ensure English proficiency (See “English Language Requirement” below for more options.).
- Submit your Immigration Verification Form with Demonstration of Financial Support. Admissions requires that this form is received and processed by International Student Services.
Upon arrival, international students must also submit immunization records during a Health Screening.
- Meet the English Language Requirement (See “English Language Requirement” below.), and
- Other requirements needed based on specific student type
English Language Requirement
Meet one of the following standards:
- TOEFL 61
- IELTS 5
- Duolingo English Proficiency 90
- ACT sub scores of 19 in English AND Reading
- SAT 510 on evidence based reading-writing
- Comp 1 and 2 at a U.S. University
- Graduated from UA Little Rock’s IELP program
If you have additional questions about being an international student at UA Little Rock, contact the Office of International Student Services.