For all campus classes using Cengage textbooks beginning in the fall 2018 semester, before purchasing your textbooks, carefully consider the following information:
If you are taking one or more classes which use a textbook published by Cengage Learning, a discounted cost plan is being implemented beginning fall 2018 semester. Cengage will offer Cengage Unlimited for $119 per semester; this purchase gives you access to all Cengage textbooks (digital copies) and electronic companions (such as SAM, MindTap) for any campus class. You can rent one hard copy of a course textbook for an additional $7.99; the cost to fully purchase varies by textbook. (If your course requires multiple textbooks, rent the main text, access others via the free digital copy.)
- When you purchase one Cengage Unlimited code, you have access to all Cengage textbooks for any classes you are taking that semester on the UA Little Rock campus.
- You purchase the Cengage Unlimited code in the bookstore. When you pay at checkout, your receipt contains the code you will input as you join each of your classes in the Cengage electronic companion system, such as SAM or MindTap. Your instructor will give you instructions for joining the section for the course for which you are registered. When you register for the section using the Cengage Unlimited code you purchased, you will be asked if you want to rent a printed copy of the textbook for the class for $7.99; if you do, the textbook will be shipped to you free of charge. (You have access to the digital copy of each course textbook for no charge.)
- If you are taking BINS 3305 and 3352 and MGMT 3300 the same semester, you can obtain access to all texts and electronic companions for $119 plus $7.99 per class if you want to rent the textbooks. Your savings from current textbook bundle prices will be approximately $550 for this three-class combination.
- Note that some classes require multiple textbooks from different publishers. You would have access to the required Cengage text through Unlimited but would have to purchase non-Cengage texts separately.
- If you are taking only one class which uses a Cengage text, you may save money by purchasing that text, rather than the Cengage Unlimited code.
- For example, the Management 3300 text and electronic companion is approximately $80; if you are taking only that one class, you save money by purchasing the textbook bundle.
- If you are taking only Business Information Systems 3352, however, the cost of the textbook bundle is approximately $380, so purchasing the Cengage Unlimited code saves you money.
Note on SAM codes:
Old SAM codes will still work. If you have an old SAM code, it will provide the same access as before. You will then be offered the option to upgrade to Unlimited (sometimes it doesn’t even cost anything depending on the product that you bought). Go to https://www.cengage.com/dashboard/#/my-dashboard/ to see Cengage Unlimited options.