Handshake is the official partner of 900+ colleges and universities. With powerful applicant filtering, employers can narrow down potential hires to the best fits.
Handshake Employer Approval Policy
Handshake is a new recruiting system where you can post career opportunities, register for our career fairs and sign up for events and on-campus recruiting.
New Handshake Users
Go to Handshake and create a profile using this guideline.
Existing Handshake Users
If you are already using Handshake to recruit at another school, you don’t have to create a new account. Use your current login information. Then, click on “Schools” on the left hand menu. Click the “Find Schools” tab, then in the search bar type in: University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Then select “Request Approval”. Be sure to read the guidelines below to improve your chances of being approved in our network. Due to the high volume of requests, approvals may take time and not all requests will be approved if guidelines are not followed.
Once you have an account, you can use the Handshake Help Center to find helpful tips on how post jobs and internships, edit your profile, how to register and pay for fairs, and set up events and interviews.
Guidelines to Ensure Approval of Request to Join our Handshake Network
Before inviting us to be a partner school in Handshake, be sure to:
- Completely fill out your profile including website.
- Provide an active organization website that matches the domain name of your organization (NOT Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn address/sites).
- Match your information in your Handshake profile (address, phone number, etc.) with what is listed in your website.
- Use organization email account (NOT Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, or other general domain names).
- Include the name of at least one point of contact with your organization.
- Double check for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Avoid language too casual or unprofessional.
- Make sure your job opportunities are easy to find on your website.
Note: Organizations with any egregious complaints on sites such as BBB, Glassdoor, etc. will not be approved.
Failure to follow these guidelines may not only affect your potential relationship with UA Little Rock but other schools in the Handshake system. If any school in Handshake rejects your request to connect, it may affect something called a “trust score” that can influence the decisions of others as to whether or not to approve you or not.
More than 300,000 employers are engaging with the Handshake community each year, from the Fortune 500 to local small businesses and nonprofits.
You must have an organization email account (NOT gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, or other general domain names), provide an active organization website that matches the domain name of your organization (NOT facebook, instagram, linked-In address/sites), provide contact person’s full name with contact information, a physical company address and phone number, detail information in your job description (tasks/duties and responsibilities) or a link (URL) to your open position(s), obey EEOC and the Department of Labor laws.