The Department of Criminal Justice is holding a “Take Back the Night” event to raise awareness about the problem of sexual violence in our community.
When: April 18, 2018 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Where: Donaghey Student Center (DSC), Ledbetter A, B, C at UA Little Rock
DID YOU KNOW?
- Every 98 seconds an American is sexually assaulted (RAINN).
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 to 8 men experiencing sexual violence in their lifetimes (RAINN).
- 1 out of 6 endangered runaways are likely to be victims of sex (National Center for Missing & Exploited Children).
- College-aged women (18-24) are 3 times more likely than women in general to experience sexual violence (RAINN).
- 13% of female rape survivors will attempt suicide (Arkansas Coalition against Sexual Assault).
We hope you will “Shine Your Light” as we work toward a sexual violence‐free world!
We hope you will support this event through donations or sponsorships. No contribution is too small to help victims of sexual assault in our community. Donations can be made in any amount, while sponsorships begin at $250.00. Sponsors will have their company name on our event and vigil banner, as well as, our T-shirts. We expect to have students, faculty, staff, community members, criminal justice agencies, and social media presence at this event. The proceeds from this event will be donated to a non-profit organization – PATH – who helps victims of sexual trafficking in Arkansas and student development scholarships for UA Little Rock students.
To learn more about this event, contact Dr. Tusty ten Bensel at email@example.com.
Online donations can be made through the Take Back the Night national organization. Click here to donate.
Donate to Support Partners Against Trafficking Humans and Support Scholarships.
All checks should be written out to the Department of Criminal Justice. Mail donations can be sent to:
cc: Dr. Tusty ten Bensel
Department of Criminal Justice
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 S. University Ave. Ross Hall 515
Little Rock, AR 72204
2018 Event Sponsors