If a vehicle breaks down, the driver should call the phone number on the back of the WEX fleet card, and the WEX company will contact a third-party towing company in that locale to assist the driver. In situations where the driver cannot get the vehicle repaired in the same day and he/she is outside the central Arkansas area, the following should occur:
- The driver is to call the Facilities Management Operations and Services center at 501-916-3390 if it is within normal business hours of 7:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.; otherwise, the driver needs to call UA Little Rock DPS at 501-916-5304. UA Little Rock DPS will then contact a member of Facilities Management.
- A member of management will decide the course of action the driver will need to take if the vehicle could not be repaired in the same day. One of the following should occur, depending on the circumstances. In all of the following cases, the driver would again need to contact Facilities Management or DPS first, and use the WEX fleet card to have the vehicle towed to a safe location.
- If it’s a simple repair that is needed, the vehicle is within the state, and it is during our normal business hours, a Facilities Management employee would drive to the vehicle and make the repair. If it is outside our normal business hours or the driver had time constraints that did not permit this, the driver could use the WEX fleet card to rent a vehicle, and Facilities Management would be billed for this charge. If necessary, a Facilities Management employee would retrieve the damaged vehicle.
- If it’s not a simple repair yet the vehicle is within the state, and it is within our normal business hours, Facilities Management employees would drive to the vehicle, provide the driver a different vehicle if there’s one available in our fleet, and bring the damaged vehicle to UA Little Rock for repairs. If we do not have a replacement vehicle available in our fleet to provide the driver (and the driver is still in need of one) the driver can use the WEX fleet card to rent a vehicle, and Facilities Management would be billed for this charge.
- If the driver is outside the state and repairs cannot be done during the same day, the driver can use the WEX fleet card to rent a vehicle if the driver has not reached his/her destination, needs to travel during the time the repairs are being completed, or needs to return to UA Little Rock before the damaged vehicle could be repaired. Facilities Management would be charged for this replacement rental. In the event the driver needed to return to UA Little Rock before the vehicle could be repaired, Facilities Management employees would collect the damaged vehicle and bring it to UA Little Rock.
- In extreme cases where the driver was out of state, couldn’t get the vehicle repaired during the same day, and was not able to rent a vehicle due to it being outside of operating hours for the local rental businesses, the driver could rent a hotel room with the WEX fleet card until the driver could rent a vehicle, the vehicle could be repaired, or a Facilities Management employee could provide a replacement vehicle, whichever would occur first. Facilities Management would be responsible for the hotel fees.