Londie Martin

College of Social Sciences and Communication

Londie MartinLondie Martin, Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and Writing

• Dr. Martin regularly teaches digital narrative, digital nonfiction, document design, writing on the web, composition I and II, and rhetoric communication courses for the Donaghey Scholars Honors Program.
  • Whether it’s first-year composition or upper-level and graduate courses, Dr. Martin asks students to do a self-assessment of their work for major course projects. To help students craft their self-assessment, she provides assignment sheets, objectives, and rubrics to help them evaluate not just the products they compose, but also their process and the labor associated with it.
  • A current student shares this praise for Dr. Martin: “I wish every professor put such passion and thoughtfulness into the learning process like she does. I am speaking on behalf of many when I say Dr. Martin is the definition of a superior teacher and has taken away my anxiety when it comes to writing. Her tools have helped me in other classes, and I know they will continue to do so as I finish working towards my degree.”
Posted in: 2020, Teaching