UA Little Rock recognizes that many students have financial needs that can precede the receipt of their financial aid. In an effort to assist students, we offer a Bridge Loan to those individuals with anticipated financial aid that exceeds their university billed expenses. The Bridge Loan is funded privately by generous donors. As a result, there are limited/finite funds available, and students will be served on a first-come-first-served basis as long as funds are available. The maximum loan per semester is $300.
Who is Eligible?
- Any student who is enrolled at least half-time for the upcoming/current term and who has estimated/actual financial aid payments in excess of their charges is eligible to apply.
- Aid must be accepted and all requirements to receive aid must be satisfied.
- Bridge loans are not available once a direct deposit or refund check has been issued for the semester.
- Returning students must be in good academic standing with a minimum grade point average of 2.0. New students must be fully admitted.
- Students cannot owe a prior balance to the University and must not have defaulted on a prior Bridge Loan or other educational loan. Students cannot have a federal loan in bankruptcy.
Is there a charge for the Bridge Loan?
Yes, a $10.00 charge will be assessed for each loan to help support the Bridge Loan Program. Interest is not charged.
When is the loan payment due and how can the loan be repaid?
- Students can authorize the repayment of the loan using their financial aid funds. The financial aid refund will be reduced by the amount of the loan plus the $10 processing fee.
- Students may repay the loan at any time through the Cashier’s Office.
- The repayment deadline date for a Bridge Loan varies by the term. Please refer to the Bridge Loan Application for more information.
How and when will approved students receive the loan funds?
Loans will be disbursed by Student Accounts.
How do I apply?
- Students can apply for a Bridge Loan beginning January 6.
- Loan funds will disburse according to the start date for spring classes or within 3 business days of the loan approval, whichever date is later:
- 01/09/2023 Law Students
- 01/17/2023 All others
- To apply for the Bridge Loan, contact the Office of Financial Aid, email@example.com or 501-916-3035, and request a Bridge Loan application. The online loan application will be added to your 2022-2023 Financial Aid Checklist in your BOSS account.
- The last day to apply for a Spring 2023 Bridge Loan is February 10, 2023