This spicy and tasty recipe comes from the National Institute of Health. The key to the flavor lies in the spices and peppers.
- 8 pieces skinless chicken ( 4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped hot pepper
- 1 tsp dried hot pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 gloves garlic-finely chopped
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except chicken.
- Rub seasonings over the chicken and marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread out the chicken evenly on a non-stick baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until the meat can easily be pulled away from the bone with a fork.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (1/2 breast or 2 drumsticks)
Fat: 3 grams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbs: 6 grams
Fiber: 1 gram