Student Spotlight: Arielle Robinson

Arielle Robinson of Morris, Ill., is seeking a master’s degree in Mass Communication after earning her bachelor’s in Multimedia Journalism and Mass Communications from Augustana College in Rock Island, Ill.

Arielle, who currently lives in Fayetteville, Ark., is seeking a fully online degree from UA Little Rock, which she chose to attend over UA Fayetteville because of the “more personalized experience,” she said. “Augustana College had only 2,500 students, so I really value the smaller professor to student ratios!”

In addition to school, Arielle is an assistant manager at Maurices in Fayetteville.

Why did you choose to seek a graduate degree in Mass Communication?
“I’ve always been interested in writing and storytelling. My undergraduate degree helped me realize that not only do I love the world of media, but that I can help change the world through it.”

What subjects are you most passionate about?
“I am very interested in First Amendment law and what it means to the media and journalism as a whole. Otherwise, I adore learning about music, food, animals, and literature.”

What do you hope to do after graduation?
“After graduation I hope to travel extensively and write about it!”

Is there anything else you’d like to share about yourself?
“I have a dog named Ribbons and a cat named Tessie. And I’m really thankful to be continuing my education in something I am so interested in!”

Posted in: Mass Communication News