Alumni Spotlight: Rudy Aldor

Today we’d like to introduce you to a multi-talented alumnus who has created a life for himself in Arkansas since coming here after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Rudy Aldor graduated from UA Little Rock in 2011 with a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication. Rudy evacuated New Orleans’ lower Ninth Ward with his parents and siblings after Katrina. He now lives in Fort Smith.

Rudy is a filmmaker, actor, playwright, and recording artist (under the name H.I.R.O). He’s currently producing his third stage play and what he describes as his first big show, a concert and play at the Fort Smith Convention Center this Saturday. Rudy also will be touring with his music next year. He’d eventually like to be a full-time filmmaker.

What’s your favorite memory from your time at UA Little Rock?
“My favorite time at UALR would be my second semester, when I saw a music studio (a.k.a. audio lab) for the first time.”

What’s the most important thing you took away from your studies?
“The most important thing I took away from UALR is to network. A strong network is very helpful in this business.”

What advice would you give to current students?
“Help as many classmates as possible with their projects to build a network and learn how to make a living with your craft. There is a lot of business out here for Mass Comm students, but they would have to create their own opportunities.”

Is there anything else you’d like to share about yourself?
“I am the oldest of four: two brothers and one sister. Both parents are in my life, and my mother has a cerebral palsy condition that she’s had since birth. Her drive to always endure with a smile has always encouraged me to endure all my obstacles. My dad sings in church and leads choirs… and I believe that’s where I got my love for music and performing. I love to create and entertain.”

Posted in: Alumni, Mass Communication News
Read more about: