AAFI stands for the African American Female Initiative. This Initiative is a group housed within the Student Affairs Diversity Initiatives (SADI).
Why join AAFI?
“Failure is not an option!” The African American Female Initiative’s primary goal is to make sure your academic career is a success. Our goal is to empower, support, and assist you in gaining your undergraduate degree in four years.
Students who participate in these initiatives have higher grades and graduate faster than their peers who do not participate in the program. They also develop invaluable networks that are beneficial both in college and after graduation.
What are the benefits?
- You will have individualized help with course advising
- You will be connected with a peer and professional mentor
- You will attend trainings and workshops to develop your academic and personal skills
- You will attend fun social activities on and off-campus
- You will be informed of any upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Who will be my mentor?
As a SADI mentee, you will be paired with a peer success adviser (a sophomore, junior, or senior) who excels academically and exemplifies strong leadership skills to help you in your transition to college life.
How do I know if I qualify for the program?
If you have been admitted to the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and have registered for classes, you are eligible to join SADI.
I have more questions. Who should I contact?
We are happy to answers your questions about our program. You can reach us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.