Floods may be caused by domestic water systems or by rivers and/or streams overflowing their banks. Floods caused by overflow of rivers and streams are extremely dangerous and may require the evacuation of buildings.
For floods caused by a domestic water system failure:
- Call the UA Little Rock Police Department at 569-3400 to report the building and room number. UA Little Rock Police Department will notify Facilities Management.
- Protect university property from damage where possible.
- Facilities Management personnel will coordinate repair & recovery.
For floods caused by rivers and/or streams overflowing their banks:
- A Facilities Management Safety Officer will manage protective measures when flood damage is present.
- UA Little Rock Police Department will keep occupants informed regarding the river level.
- If flood is imminent, occupants will be asked to move property for its protection.
- Facilities Management personnel will assist in moving property if needed.
- Occupants should be prepared to evacuate if advised to do so by the Safety Officer.
The responding Facilities Management personnel will control and make decisions at the flood scene. They will decide when to turn control back over to the building occupants or appropriate university personnel when outdoor areas are involved.
UA Little Rock Police Department in consultation with Facilities Management personnel will make decisions regarding control and access to buildings/areas affected by floods, and issuing or not issuing all clear for safe building/area re-entry and continued occupancy.
In extreme cases of flooding, it may be necessary to request assistance from local, state or federal agencies. Such requests for assistance will be coordinated by the Emergency Response Team.