Automated Teller Machines (ATM) are conveniently located all around Little Rock and some areas of the campus. While the convenience of these machines cannot be denied, you are under a certain amount of risk when using one. Thefts do occur, usually late at night and in poorly lighted areas.
You can help to protect yourself and your property by following these easy tips:
- Choose a well-lit ATM and have someone with you when using the machine at night.
- Be ready. Have your card handy, but not necessarily in plain view.
- Stand directly in front of the machine so that no one can see you enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Cancel your transaction and return later if anything seems suspicious.
- Pocket your cash immediately and count it later.
- If you lose your ATM card, report it immediately to your financial institution.