Advanced Placement Summer Institute
3-HOUR CREDIT OPTION
Dear AP Summer Institute Participant:
You may be interested in taking your AP Summer Institute for graduate credit. If so, we would like to personally invite you to consider UA Little Rock’s 3-hour graduate course GATE 7393 AP Special Topics.
Offered through the Jodie Mahony Center for Gifted Education and the UA Little Rock School of Education, the graduate course is designed for educators who want to develop their content-specific teaching skills.
The course is comprised of two parts.
Part I: The participant must attend and successfully complete a 30-hour UA Little Rock APSI.
Part II: Following the training, the participant will complete a series of written reflections concerning the APSI content training and design a five-lesson unit on a topic of choice.
Note: The three-hour coursework associated with the AP Summer Institute is online. All assignments are submitted electronically to Blackboard, the UA Little Rock’s course management system.
Any applicant wishing to pursue a graduate class must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with substantially the same undergraduate program as the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Please note that a minimum GPA of 2.75 or/and 3.00 on the last 60 hours (including post-baccalaureate hours) is required. In addition, all applicants must possess a current teaching license.
To register for the Advanced Placement summer Institute Credit Option:
1. You must attend a 2023 UA Little Rock AP Summer Institute
2. Register for GATE 7393 Teaching Pre-AP/AP
Those not current UA Little Rock Graduate Student: (recently received undergraduate degree, have not been an active UALR graduate student the last two years, or are new to UA Little Rock) you must apply for Graduate School.
Select “non-degree seeking,” and Arkansas residents must select “in state. The Graduate School domestic Applicant Application can be found online at ualrgrad.org/application.
After completing the online admissions application, the following supporting documents should be submitted to the Graduate School Admissions office.
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended previously – Transcripts must be in the sealed envelope from the university in order to be considered official.
- Proof of Immunization – Arkansas law requires that all students born on or after January 1, 1957 provide proof of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella. Applicants applying to online degree programs are not required to submit proof of immunization.
- Cost: There is a $40.00 fee to apply to the Graduate School; Each credit hour for In State Residents is $320.00 plus other fees; Each credit hour for Non Residents is $725.00 plus other fees. Tuition and fees are in addition to the cost of the APSI.
To check on the status of your admission application, you may contact Paula Baker in the graduate school at 501-916-6213 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your questions and look forward to hearing from you.
Dr. Ann Robinson
Advanced Placement Professional Development Center
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 S. University Avenue, SUA 101
Little Rock, AR 72204