We are not offering a placement test for General Chemistry 1 (CHEM 1402) for Summer and
Fall 2020. The current requirement to enter in the class will be minimum ACT scores of 20
either in science or mathematics reasoning sections. If you do not have ACT scores or have
any other questions, please contact Dr. Anindya Ghosh, email@example.com.
Information on the placement test (Not available in summer and Fall 2020)
- The test consists of 20 multiple choice questions that must be completed in 25
- Students with appropriate documentation from the DRC will receive extended
- You will be provided a non-graphing scientific calculator to use on the test.
- The test is administered at Testing Services on the main UA Little Rock campus.
They are located in room 315 in the Student Services Center. You can register for
the test online at the Testing Services website, here.
In order for a student to pass the placement test, they will need to be able to do the following:
- Define matter and classify different types of matter
- Name elements on the periodic able and identify components of atoms
- Convert units and be able to use dimensional analysis as a problem solving technique
- Name compounds, write their formulas, and distinguish different types of compounds
- Write, balance, and classify different chemical equations using different compounds
- Convert between number of molecules, grams, and moles of compound/element or reactant/product in a chemical equation
- Understand significant figures, scientific notation, and simple algebraic rearrangement