- All students (without a minimum score of 24 on the science section of the ACT) wishing to enroll in CHEM 1402- General Chemistry I must first pass the CHEM 1402 Placement Test with a grade of 60 or higher.
- The test consists of 20 multiple choice questions that must be completed in 25 minutes.
- Students with appropriate documentation from the DRC will receive extended time.
- You will be provided a non-graphing scientific calculator to use on the test.
- The test is administered at Testing Services on the main UA Little Rock campus. They are located in room 315 in the Student Services Center. You can register for the test online here.
In order for a student to pass the placement test, they will need to be able to do the following:
- Define matter and classify different types of matter
- Name elements on the periodic able and identify components of atoms
- Convert units and be able to use dimensional analysis as a problem solving technique
- Name compounds, write their formulas, and distinguish different types of compounds
- Write, balance, and classify different chemical equations using different compounds
- Convert between number of molecules, grams, and moles of compound/element or reactant/product in a chemical equation
- Understand significant figures, scientific notation, and simple algebraic rearrangement