The bricks outside of the Ottenheimer Library plaza area are being removed and a new plaza is being created. The new plaza will feature consistent pathways as what is used in the Trojan Way portion of the project.
The area will be reimagined as an outdoor campus learning environment with expanded seating and places for groups to gather.
The bricks have been removed and the crews have prepped the dirt to begin heavily working on this space in the fall.
The scope of this project involves:
- Removing the red brick walkways
- Installing new walkway materials
- Adding campus trees
- Enhancing campus lighting
- Building several gathering spaces including a raised area
- Incorporating additional seating spaces
- Installing power to the area for campus charging stations