With our time and attendance system, the Payroll Office will be working within a very limited timeline to process payroll during the holiday season. Employees and managers are asked to be especially diligent in reviewing and approving time for the Nov. 30, Dec. 15, Dec. 31, and Jan. 15 payrolls.
Please remember that employees who work Monday through Friday may approve that work week as early as Friday mornings. It is suggested that employees approve their timesheet when leaving work on Friday afternoons and employees who work on the weekend approve their time at the end of each shift. This will allow managers adequate time to complete their approvals by the posted deadlines. Employees and managers may have to log in to TimeClock Plus several times to ensure that “missed punches,” “conflicting segments,” “under 40 hours,” or “leave approval” exceptions are corrected.
To ensure the following payrolls are processed accurately and timely, we ask that employees and managers adhere to the following deadlines:
November 30 Payroll:
- Work week 11/5 – 11/11: Employee and manager approvals due by 9 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 for employees who work Monday – Friday.
- Work week 11/12 – 11/18: Employee and manager approvals due by 9 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 19.
December 15 Payroll:
- Work week 11/19 – 11/25: Employee and manager approvals due by 9 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 26.
- The Thanksgiving Holiday segments will be automatically entered on the holiday for all employees eligible for the holiday leave.
- Work week 11/26 – 12/2: Employees and managers must approve all timesheets by 9 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 3.
December 31 Payroll:
- Work week 12/3 – 12/09: Employees and managers must approve all timesheets by 9 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 10.
- Work week 12/10 – 12/16: Employee and manager approvals due by the close of business on Friday, Dec. 14 for employees who work Monday – Friday.
- Weekend shifts, 12/15 and 12/16: Employees must approve timesheets at the end of each shift on 12/15 and 12/16. Managers must approve by 9 a.m. on Monday, Dec.17.
January 15 Payroll:
- Work weeks 12/17 – 12/23: Employees and managers must approve leave and holidays by close of business on Wednesday, Dec. 19.
- Work week 12/24 – 12/30: Employees and managers must approve leave and holidays by close of business on Wednesday, Dec. 19.
- All time and leave must be approved by employees and managers by noon on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
Winter Break and Holiday Leave
Please ensure that the following holiday and vacation/compensatory leave hours are reflected and entered in TimeClock Plus:
- December 20, 21, 24, 25, and January 1 will be pre-populated. You will NOT enter these dates in TCP.
- Employees who are not scheduled to work over the holiday break must record 32 hours of vacation and/or compensatory leave for December 26, 27, 28, and 31. Managers, please ensure that this leave is reflected on your employees’ timesheets.
- Faculty who are 9-, 10-, 10 1/2-month will not need to enter leave for the holiday break in TimeClock Plus. The 12-month faculty will need to follow the procedure above.
The winter break officially begins for most employees at 5 p.m. on Dec. 19 and ends on Jan. 1. In order to be paid for all of the winter break, employees must be in a “pay” status before and after the winter break (officially at work or on approved leave).
This year employees will be required to use 32 hours of cumulative vacation and/or compensatory leave to cover days off that are not holidays, as follows: 32 hours for Dec. 26, 27, 28, and 31. Should these hours not be earned, pay will be docked accordingly.
NOTE: YOU CANNOT USE SICK LEAVE FOR THESE DAYS UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE HOSPITAL.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Payroll Office at 501-569-3136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.