The UA Little Rock performance evaluation program will be used to establish individual employee performance expectations, goal setting, and written feedback for staff employees. Performance evaluations for classified and non-classified staff are due no later than March 31, or the previous Friday if the 31st falls on a weekend or holiday.
The information and evaluation submission portal provided on this page is only for classified and non-classified staff employees. Administrators and faculty have separate guidelines and submission due dates.
Important information regarding performance evaluations:
- Rating period: April 1 (or first day of hire) – March 31
- See the Quick Reference Guide for Classified Employee Evaluations for information regarding probationary periods.
- If an employee changes jobs or supervisors between January 1 – March 31, the previous supervisor should conduct the employee’s evaluation.
- The number one reason an evaluation is returned for correction is for missing signatures. Please be sure to obtain all required signatures, which includes the employee, the supervisor, and the reviewing official (the supervisor’s supervisor).
- An evaluation must be submitted for every staff employee by the deadline. If the employee is on an approved leave of absence, or is a classified employee still in probationary status, an Exemption Form must be submitted.
- Therefore, a performance evaluation or an exemption must be submitted. Supervisors that do not submit a form for their employees are subject to denial of a merit increase (subject to availability of funding).
- If minor revisions need to be made to the employee’s job description, a new job description should be submitted to the Department of Human Resources for the next rating period. Supervisors should be sure to discuss revisions with the employee and provide a copy to the employee.
- A desire to make major revisions to an employee’s job description should first be discussed with the Department of Human Resources to determine if a reclassification is warranted.
This page is designed to be a one stop shop for classified and non-classified staff employee performance evaluations. Below are links to forms, guides and a submission portal. Scan each evaluation separately and save as a pdf. Name the file with the type of evaluation, the employee’s last name first, and then the first name as it appears in Banner. Example: Non-Classified Performance Evaluation FY19 – Doe, John
Questions or assistance may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-Classified Performance Evaluation
- Classified Employee Probational Evaluation
- Classified Employee Performance Evaluation
- Employee Performance Evaluation Exemption
- Job Description Template
- Classified Employee Performance Evaluation Instructions
- Classified Employee Performance Evaluation – Quick Reference Guide
- Probational Evaluation Quick Guide for Supervisors
- Supervisor Evaluation Guide