If you would prefer to change your visa by travel, follow the following process.
Change of Status Process
- Apply for admission to the program for which you intend to pursue full-time study.
- Specify that you would like to change your visa by travel outside the U.S.
- Receive admission to UALR or the Intensive English Language Program.
- Receive an Initial I-20
- Depart the United States and apply for a visa appointment
- Receive your visa from outside the U.S. and re-enter on your F-1 status
- After entry, check your I-94 (available at www.cbp.gov/i94) to be sure your status is F-1
- Report to International Student Services so we can activate your I-20
- Maintain all regulations associated with your F-1 status