Change of Visa by Travel

If you would prefer to change your visa by travel, follow the following process.

Change of Status Process

  1. Apply for admission to the program for which you intend to pursue full-time study.
    • Specify that you would like to change your visa by travel outside the U.S.
  2. Receive admission to UA Little Rock or the Intensive English Language Program.
  3. Receive an Initial I-20
  4. Depart the United States and apply for a visa appointment
  5. Receive your visa from outside the U.S. and re-enter on your F-1 status
    • After entry, check your I-94 (available at to be sure your status is F-1
  6. Report to International Student Services so we can activate your I-20
  7. Maintain all regulations associated with your F-1 status