To be fully admitted into this program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be formally admitted to UA Little Rock. Undergraduate admission requirements for the university can be found in our “Become a Student” section.
- Satisfy the core rhetoric requirement with a C or greater prior to enrolling in PSYC 2300. The core math requirement must also be satisfied (with a C or greater) prior to enrolling in PSYC 2340.
This degree program requires a minimum of 120 credit hours, including completion of a minor program of study
and demonstration of intermediate-level second language proficiency
• Minimum requirements for a psychology major are 34 credit hours of psychology (16 hours must be in residence) as specified in the "Required Courses" section. All psychology courses must be completed with a grade of C or greater to be counted toward the major.
• Students pursuing a professional career in psychology are advised that the master’s degree is the minimum training necessary. Prospective psychology majors, regardless of whether they plan to go to graduate school, should select courses with early and continuing advice from the department faculty. It is important that students plan their program of courses carefully. A wide range of courses is recommended as preparation for the requirements of different schools.
• PSYC 3369 (3-credit Internship), 3469 (4-credit Internship), 4221 (2-credit independent study), 4321 (3-credit independent study), and 4495 (practicum) are suggested to upper‐level pre‐professional majors. They provide experience in the actual work done by professional psychologists in ways not possible in lecture courses and are valuable credentials in applications to graduate school. A maximum of six hours of these courses can be applied toward the major.
UA Little Rock makes every effort to meet special accommodation and access needs. For information on specific accommodations for individuals with disabilities, you may contact the department sponsoring the class you wish to attend, call eLearning at 501.569.3003, or the Office of Disability Support Services at 501.569.3143. The Disability Support Services website, ualr.edu/disability/
, provides information about the accommodation process and online forms to apply for services.