Signature Experience Grants
1. Paid research assistants may not request Signature Experience funding for their project.
2. Signature Experience applications are student initiated, but mentors are responsible for submitting the application and ensuring that the information is accurate and that the abstract is ready for publication and without the need for major editing.
3. Grant funds may not be used as stipends, scholarships, or supplemental salary. In accepting a Signature Experience grant, I affirm that the funds from this research grant will be used solely to support the research, creative work, or professional application involved with this project. I affirm that no expenditures may be used towards regular educational expenses such as tuition, fees, course textbooks, etc. I also affirm that expenditures will comply with state law, university policy, and UA Little Rock Travel and Purchasing guidelines. In making expenditures, approved C-card, P-card, and requisition procedures will be followed, and direct reimbursement will be limited to expenses related to travel which cannot effectively be purchased with an internal payment method. Such expenses include gas, millage, food, parking, and transportation such as a taxi or Uber. Receipts for these expenses must be included with a TR1 to ensure that financial aid is not affected.
4. If your project involves human subjects, vertebrate animals, or hazardous materials, approval from one of the following committees must be obtained before you begin research: IRB (research involving human subjects), IACUC (research involving vertebrate animals) or IBC (research involving hazardous materials). Information and required forms can be found on the Research Compliance site.
5. Research or creative projects must be completed by the end of the spring 2020 semester. Grant recipients must submit their projects for presentation at the spring Undergraduate Research and Creative Works Showcase.
6. Details on how to spend, track, and account for research funds will be distributed with award
7. Please direct any questions to Dr. Jeremy Ecke, email@example.com.
Download the award guidelines to sign and submit.