International students, or a relative who lives out of the country who is paying for their charges, can now pay with foreign currency in a very simple process. The transaction will post directly to the student’s account, and the funds will deposit directly to UA Little Rock’s bank account. The steps below explain the process of paying with a foreign currency:
- Students log in to BOSS (or a relative can log in through the parent portal), select “Student Services,” then “Student Accounts.”
- Select “Pay Now.”
- Choose the “International Payment” option for payment.
- The student will choose what foreign currency they want to make the payment with. The amount of foreign currency will be calculated to total the U.S. dollars amount, so the student knows how much they are paying.
- Once completed, the student (or parent) will print out a certificate to take to Western Union for payment to UA Little Rock. Once the transaction is complete, the amount will post to the student’s account.
- The exchange rate will remain in effect for 72 hours. After 72 hours, the student will need to start the process over again.
The pay with foreign currency function helps international students make payments easily with their foreign currency. However, this entire process from beginning to end can potentially take a few weeks to post to the student’s account, so students should allow enough time before the payment deadline for the payment to process.
Please contact the Bursar’s Office at 501-916-3450 with any questions or if you need assistance with the pay with foreign currency process.