The 41st Annual
The state’s largest pre-college STEM research competition, CARSEF 2023 will be held on Friday, March 3, 2023
at the Jack Stephens Center on the UA Little Rock campus starting with check-in at 8:00 a.m.
- CARSEF follows the International Science & Engineering Fair (ISEF) rules.
- Schools should have a SRC/IRB established PRIOR to students’ starting their experimentation. SRC is Scientific Review Committee. IRB is Institutional Review Board.
- Each school’s SRC/IRB should review projects PRIOR to experimentation. These groups ensure the rules are followed and ethical research is being conducted.
- Here are list of Common Scientific Research Committee (SRC) Problems
- ISEF Rules require the use of specific forms.
- Video tutorials about completing these forms can be found here.
Training videos/webinars to assist with completing forms can be viewed here.
- Registration website: https://ar-carsef.zfairs.com
- Registration will open by January 15, 2023.
- Registration deadline is Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- Registration fee is $20 per student and can be paid through registration link above.
- Students can register and upload their required forms, documents, and videos, and submit payment here (accessible January 2023).
- Registration opens in January 2023
March 3, 2023: All students (4th – 12th grade)
Volunteers are vital to the success of CARSEF. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Volunteer registration opens in January 2023.
Volunteers are required to register prior to the event starting February 1, 2022 for the following roles:
- Student registration
- Student forms review
- School/Teacher packets
- Computer work
- Student and school check-in
- Event set-up (March 2, 2023)
Volunteers are required the day of the event for:
- Student check-in
- Directing students to their set-up location
- Display and Safety
- Awards committee
- Awards ceremony
- Closing event
Schedule for Students
8:00 -9:00am Student Registration and Project Set-up
Students will check in at the Jack Stephens Center Lobby.
9:00am Judges Meeting – Legends Room, Jack Stephens Center
9:30-11:30am Judging of Projects – All students are expected to be at their display table by 9:30am and are to remain there until their entire category has been dismissed by a CARSEF supervising teacher..
10:30-11:30 Parent and Teacher meeting
11:30-1:00 Lunch – Students, parents, and teachers are welcome to get lunch in the Student Center or the nearby restaurants in the University District.
Immediately follow conclusion of all judging, students will need to remove their project boards from the tables in order to facilitate breakdown and cleanup of the concourse area.
1:30 Campus Tours
4:00 – 4:45 Awards Ceremony – Junior Division – Donaghey Student Center – Ledbetter Rooms
Student, parents, and teachers are to report by 3:45 for the Junior Division Awards Ceremony. Only Junior division participants, parents/family and teachers permitted.
4:45 Broadcom MASTERS Finalists Meeting
5:00 – 5:45 Awards Ceremony – Senior Division – Donaghey Student Center – Ledbetter Rooms
6:00 ISEF Finalists Meeting
Schedule for Judges
8:30 – 9:00 Judges Registration
9:00 Judges Meeting
9:30 Judging of Projects until competed
4:00 Junior Division Awards Ceremony
5:00 Senior Division Awards Ceremony