A variety of services are available to assist students in securing an internship or full-time position upon graduation.
We are excited to announce that Handshake, the ultimate career network for students is now at UA Little Rock. Handshake will become your one-stop-shop for launching your career.
With Handshake, your job search will be powered by the Career Center’s advanced online tools such as:
- Personalized job recommendations based on your major and interest
- Managing your on-campus interviews with top companies
- Scheduling appointments with the Career Center advisors
Handshake for Students (Tutorials) | Handshake for Employers (Instructions)
- ‘Interview/Teleconference Rooms – Corporate representatives and students can reserve one of these rooms to conduct on campus interviews.
- STEM Career Fairs – Each semester, a STEM Career Fair is held in the Jack Stephens Center for STEM students seeking internships, part-time and full-time positions. Registration will be open soon!
- Resume Writing Seminars – Multiple seminars are held annually where tips are provided to students to make their resume stand out in order to secure employment.
- Professionalize Your Social Media Seminar – Learn how to write professional emails and how to use social media to your advantage to assist in securing employment.
- Elevator Speech Workshops (TBA) – Learn how to sell yourself impressively to company representatives using concepts for elevator speeches.
- Career Fair 101 (TBA) – Company representatives give tips on how to navigate career fairs without sabotaging your efforts to secure employment.
- Career Exploration Seminars – STEM majors have a variety of career options available. These seminars bring awareness to career options that many students dismiss.
- Professional Development Seminars – Financial literacy, analysis of benefits packages and terms, and other seminars arm students with information to make informed decisions as they relate to the employment process.