UA Little Rock Downtown comprises two distinct spaces, a museum-quality room housing Joe Jones’s mural “The Struggle in the South” and a multi-purpose main event room with a view of President Clinton Avenue and the historic River Market District. The space is suitable for educational and professional events, including lectures, workshops, and meetings. The two spaces are separated by doors.
Due to the historic and sensitive nature of Joe Jones’s mural, all reservation requests must specify the event type and purpose. UA Little Rock affiliate reservations may be subject to review and approval by the Downtown Usage Committee. All external requests will require the Downtown Usage Committee approval before booking.
If requesting the mural room, the stated event purpose, theme, and/or intellectual content must align with the themes and character of the space.
- If you have any questions about UA Little Rock Downtown or are interested in reserving our space, you may submit this form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UA Little Rock personnel familiar with proper security and usage procedures must be present at all external events. If the Downtown staff cannot accommodate the event timing, additional fees for UA Little Rock public safety personnel may apply.
- All negotiations related to the event must be finalized between the event host and the Downtown staff by 5 p.m. at least three business days prior to the event.
- State law prohibits the collection of admission fees on UA Little Rock property with the exceptions of legitimate university events.
- If special setup is needed prior to the event, the event host assumes full responsibility for any items left in the space prior to the event, including overnight. UA Little Rock is not responsible for lost/stolen items.
- All reservation requests are subject to approval by the Downtown Usage Committee.
- All requests are dependent upon space availability. Reservations are not guaranteed until booking deposit is received.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the facility.
- Food and drink may be served in the main event room. No food and/or drinks are allowed in the mural room.
- Reservations requesting alcohol services must obtain administrative approval per UA Little Rock policies. Please contact us for more information.
- UA Little Rock Downtown is reserved as is.
Hosts and Attendees
- Event host is the individual who has signed the UA Little Rock Downtown Usage Agreement form.
- All events must have the event host present.
- The event host is responsible for the setup of all reserved spaces and the return of the space to its original condition.
- The event host is responsible for monitoring the entry of attendees. It is advised that a host team member be stationed at the entry to greet guests. It is also advised that some form of attendance records be maintained.
- For UA Little Rock classes taught at UA Little Rock Downtown, the class instructor serves as the event host.
- The main event room holds around 50-60 guests for classroom setting (chairs and tables), around 70-80 for panel setting (chairs facing speakers; no tables) and 200 guests for reception events (open room).
- General table and chair arrangements can be made prior to the event. However, detailed setup is the responsibility of the event host.
- All areas must be picked up after use, including bathrooms, catering room, and seating areas.
- All trash must be disposed of properly upon the conclusion of the event. Chairs, tables, and equipment are to be left as found.
- There is a cleaning fee for each event date. The main event room cleaning fee is $100. The mural room cleaning fee is $75. See here for more information about our rates.
- Any damages that may occur because of improper behavior or misuse of equipment and/or facilities during the event may incur additional fees.
- At no time, for any reason, shall any university property be removed from the space.
- At the end of the event, all system power and lights (with the exception of security lights) must be turned off.
- All doors must be locked when leaving the space.
- Building alarm must be set by a UA Little Rock staff member before exiting UA Little Rock Downtown.
- Decorations must not compromise public safety, interfere with access to entrances/exits, or create a risk of property damage. Decorations must be free-standing or adhered to existing display equipment. Anything that could damage the facility, including but not limited to painting, taping, stapling, gluing, confetti, nailing, and glitter is prohibited.
- The UA Little Rock Downtown staff will assist the event host team with technology setup. It is the responsibility of the event host team to operate the requested technology during the event.
- The event host should coordinate all requests for equipment prior to the event.
- Any specific software or technology requests should be discussed with the UA Little Rock Downtown prior to the event.
- The event host will be responsible for supplying all equipment, including cords and adaptors, not specified in the reservation listing.
- WiFi available for guest use is UALR-Guest. Click UALR-Guest and follow the instructions to access Wifi.
- Current UA Little Rock students, faculty, and staff as well as university-affiliated groups using the space for university-related events (classes, workshops, community outreach, study groups, fairs, etc.) may reserve the space free of charge for Monday – Friday events, depending on availability and priority scheduling. The space can be reserved for university-affiliated programming by internal groups at a 60% discount for weekend events (Saturday-Sunday).
- Current UA Little Rock faculty and staff as well as university-affiliated groups using the space for non-university-related approved events (social club meetings, reunions, guest speaker events, etc.) can reserve the space at a 20% discount for Monday – Friday events and 40% discount for weekend events.
- UA Little Rock Alumni using the space for approved events can reserve the space at a 20% discount.
- Government agencies, educational institutions, non-profit and/or charitable organizations not affiliated with UA Little Rock can reserve the space for approved events at a 10% discount.
- All groups, including university-affiliated groups, are liable for cleaning and damage fees. University-affiliated groups up to 10 persons that use the space for events lasting 2 hours or less and serve no food and/or drinks may not be liable for cleaning fees. Contact the UA Little Rock Downtown staff directly for more information.
- Discounts include mandatory cleaning fees but preclude any additional fees accrued due to damage, overtime, or excessive uncleanliness.
- Only one discount category can be applied per reservation.
- 50% of the initial cost is required to confirm a reservation. Pease see below for cancellation policy and refund information.
- The event host will receive an invoice for all applicable fees issued by UA Little Rock Downtown no later than 10 business days after the event date(s).
- The event host is liable to pay all applicable fees no later than 30 business days from the invoice issue date. Past-due invoices will result in cancellation of future reservations and no future reservations will be accepted for persons or organizations with outstanding invoices.
- See here for more information about our rates.
21+ calendar days prior to event
No cancellation fee, a full refund of booking deposit
Between 21 and 8 days prior to event
$50 cancellation fee, refund of booking deposit
7 to 3 days prior to event
$75 cancellation fee, refund of booking deposit
2 or fewer days prior to event
No refund of booking deposit
For assistance or any questions about UA Little Rock Downtown policies, email us at email@example.com or call 501-916-3330. Thank you!