Summer financial aid payments will occur at the beginning of the summer term and/or at the beginning of a summer part of term. The disbursement date depends on the type of aid you are receiving, your enrollment status and the summer part(s) of term you are attending.
Any change in your summer enrollment, whether an increase or decrease in the number of registered hours, could impact your eligibility for federal student aid and the amount you owe the University.
Please contact a Financial Aid Advisor before you make changes to your summer schedule, so that you understand the impact on your financial aid eligibility.
Pell Grant funds
- Your Federal Pell Grant funds will not pay until you begin attending classes in the minimum number of required hours. For example, if you have 6 hours that begin on May 24 and 6 hours begin on July 6, you’ll receive one half of your Pell Grant payment on May 24 and the second half on July 6.
- The amount of your summer Pell Grant eligibility is calculated daily throughout the summer term through the end of summer registration, July 7, 2021. This means that if you drop or add classes before July 8, 2021, your Pell Grant award will be revised accordingly and payment(s) may be reversed.
Federal Student Loan funds
- All summer loans will be paid in a single disbursement. This means that if you drop and/or add classes after you receive your loan funds, your loan eligibility may be adjusted. In addition, you will be responsible for any balance due caused by a change in your enrollment.
- You cannot receive loan funds until you are registered in the minimum number of hours that are required for half-time enrollment and you have begun attending classes.
- Summer loan funds will disburse on May 24, 2021, or the day you begin attending summer classes, whichever date is later.
- The actual date that you will receive loan funds is determined by your summer registration and when you begin attending classes. Review the summer loan disbursement guide for more information.
Other Financial Aid payments
- Other financial aid payments, except Federal Work Study, are scheduled to pay on the date you begin attending classes in the minimum number of required hours.
- Summer work study payments are issued on the 15th and 30th/31st of the month, after you have reported the hours you worked.