Are graduate students able to earn scholarships?
Yes! Though scholarships available to graduate students are less common than scholarships available to undergraduate students, many opportunities are still available to finance your education. Scholarships can be used to pay for tuition, fees, books, or any associated school related expense.
Hear from guidance counselors about how to prioritize scholarships. Then, go to https://www.khanacademy.org/college-admissions for Khan Academy’s complete co…
This Khan Academy video was originally created with first-year college students in mind, but graduate students can find the strategies that are discuss just as useful.
How can I win a scholarship?
To increase your chances of receiving a scholarship, it is recommended that you apply to scholarships as early and as often as possible.
- Increase your odds. Since you will not receive each scholarship you apply for, it is important to increase your chances of earning one by increasing the number of applications you send out.
- Put in the work. The more work that is required to complete an application, the fewer people will apply for it. Focus your attention on scholarships that require essays, recommendation letters, or special projects.
- Be strategic. Though it might be tempting to only apply for large scholarships, most scholarships offered are much smaller. You can win big by focusing your time on smaller summed opportunities.
- Don’t give up. Applying for scholarships takes time, hard work, and dedication. Luckily, you already have that because you are pursuing a graduate degree. Don’t give up if your efforts don’t immediately pay off.
How can I find scholarships to apply for?
Scholarships are advertised to students from a variety of backgrounds and life experiences. You can find scholarship opportunities that match your personal characteristics, hobbies, interests, professional or academic goals, life hardships, or financial standings. You can find many opportunities by searching scholarship databases or an internet search based on your personal situation traits.
- Be sure to completely fill out your UA Little Rock Scholarship Match profile. This database will automatically enter you into numerous local and institutional scholarships.
- Find scholarships specifically dedicated to graduate students.
- Find scholarships based on personal interests, hobbies, passions, or professional goals.
- Find scholarships dedicated to Arkansans.