Information Quality is an emerging discipline concerned with maximizing the value and minimizing the risk of an organization’s information assets, and assuring the information products create value for the customers who use them.
The Information Quality (IQ) Graduate Program at UA Little Rock prepares students for a variety of IQ careers such as Chief Data Officer, Information Quality Manager, Director of Data Governance, Data Steward, Information Quality Analyst, and Data Scientist. Graduates are also prepared to pursue doctoral-level graduate studies.
Our program is offered through the Department of Information Science. We are dedicated to contributing new ideas to the information quality body of knowledge and to establishing partnerships with the industry, government, and professional societies.
Meeting the Demand
With the growing demand for qualified professionals, our IQ graduates:
- Are able to strategically manage enterprise data and information assets to achieve business goals, create business value, and gain competitive advantage
- Are well-versed in the concepts, principles, tools, and models essential in defining, measuring, analyzing, and improving information quality
- Can develop information quality strategies, policies, and programs to support an organization’s operational, tactical, and strategic needs
- Understand the interrelationships between information quality and other key information issues such as data privacy and protection, enterprise architecture, data mining, data science, and data integration processes such as entity resolution, master data management, and customer relationship management
- Are well-grounded in Information Science Theory and its practical application to database systems, systems analysis, and information visualization
- Can create a learning environment that promotes critical thinking, communication skills, and project management