UA Little Rock’s Bachelor of Arts in Web Design and Development equips students with the digital knowledge and skills necessary to thrive both academically and professionally. This degree encourages students and professionals to broaden their horizons, enhance their expertise, and gain a competitive edge in the contemporary job market.
The interdisciplinary program is designed collaboratively by faculty from Art and Design, Rhetoric and Writing, Mass Communication, Information Science, and Information Technology. The degree includes a six-hour cooperative experience capstone course where students will have the opportunity for hands-on learning. A minor in Information Technology is embedded in this degree.
Additionally, students will learn about mobile web design, web technologies, introduction to media production, and usability testing and design. Graduates often pursue careers as web designers, UX/UI designers, applications developers, and web content managers.
Student Learning Goals
- Identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, integration, evaluation, and administration of computer-based systems.
SKIM goals addressed: Critical Thinking, Research, Oral and Written Communication.
- Analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution. SKIM goals addressed: Critical Thinking, Research, Technology.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the discipline. SKIM goals addressed: Critical Thinking, Technology.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences about technical information. SKIM goals addressed: Oral and Written Communication, Technology
- Make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles. SKIM goal addressed: Ethical Reasoning
- Function effectively on teams to establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, manage risk, and produce deliverables. SKIM goals addressed: Oral and Written Communication
- Design, develop, test, and deploy responsive websites and web applications. SKIM goals addressed: ALL (Summative)