Ottenheimer Library collects, organizes, and provides access to information resources and library services that enrich and support the University’s research and teaching mission, foster intellectual development, and promote academic excellence.
As an active partner in the research and teaching activities of the University community, Ottenheimer Library seeks to:
- Enhance and promote seamless access to the widest range of information and services
- Recruit and develop a cadre of knowledgeable, flexible, and creative faculty and staff
- Forge effective partnerships with internal and external institutions and organizations
- Provide an inviting, comfortable, and modern environment conducive to study, research, and the exploration of new technology
- Develop a solid base of financial support within the region and the University community.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Ottenheimer Library strives to create and foster physical and virtual environments in which everyone feels welcomed, valued, and respected. We serve and respect people from all walks of life including those with different abilities, genders, races, religions, and socioeconomic statuses.
Social injustices exist and that the pursuit of social justice is an ongoing process. Therefore, the library seeks sustainable change to:
- Break the cycle leading to complacency
- Replace disenfranchisement with empowerment
- Make the library a more interesting and personally enriching environment for everyone.
Ottenheimer Library will intentionally integrate meaningful processes with culturally diverse considerations in daily activities even when no one is looking and without regard to accolades.