The Research Experience requirement for the Department of Psychology provides valuable opportunities for students to directly experience the behavioral research enterprise and provides a substantial pool of human research participants for the faculty and student research at UA Little Rock. Research participation is required for credit in specified Psychology courses; please see course syllabus for more information. All research studies have been approved by the University’s Institutional Review Board to assure adherence to ethical guidelines.
SONA Research Studies – Students visit ualr.sona-systems.com to create an account. Students earn course credits by creating an account, signing up for study timelots, and completing research studies found at this web page.
Creating a Sona Account
To create an account, click “Request Account” and enter the requested information using these tips:
- Students must sign up for the course for which they want to receive credit.
- Students must use their UA Little Rock email address as User ID
- Once your account request has been reviewed by a Department Official, your password will be sent to your UA Little Rock email address. Please allow 2-5 business days for account verification.
- If your account request meets the above criteria, you should be able to login using the password that is sent to you and begin completing the available online studies.
Signing up for a Study Timeslot
- Click on a study > Notice the ‘Participation Deadline’ – the student must complete the study by this date.
2. Click the green ‘Sign Up‘ button until this screen appears:
If you are interested in submitting a study to the SONA system for student participation, please contact the Department of Psychology (501) 569-3171. The Department must approve and submit the studies to the SONA System.