The Research Experience requirement of the Department of Psychology provides valuable opportunities for students to participate in, and contribute to, the behavioral research enterprise. It also provides a pool of research participants for faculty and student research at UA Little Rock. All research studies have been approved by the University’s Institutional Review Board to assure adherence to ethical guidelines.
The deadline for student participation in studies for course credit is the last day of class for the semester. For Spring 2019, the last day for participation is May 6th, 2019.
SONA Research Studies – Students visit ualr.sona-systems.com to create an account. Students earn course credits by creating an account, signing up for study timelots, and completing research studies found at this web page.
Creating a Sona Account
To create an account, click “Request Account” and enter the requested information. Be sure to follow the instructions below:
- Only sign up for the course for which you want to receive credit. Look for the instructor name and course number.
- User ID MUST be UA Little Rock email address. Otherwise we will not be able to contact you with your Sona password.
- Please allow 2-5 business days for account verification. Once your account request has been reviewed by the department, your password will be sent to your UA Little Rock email address. Please do not wait until the last day of class to sign up for an account. No exceptions will be made for late attempts.
- If you meet the above criteria, log in using the password sent to you and follow the instructions below to sign up for study time slots and begin participating in the available studies.
Signing up for a Study Timeslot
- Click on a study > Notice the ‘Participation Deadline’ – the student must complete the study by this date.
2. Click the green ‘Sign Up‘ button until this screen appears:
If you are interested in submitting a study to the SONA system for student participation, please contact the Department of Psychology (501) 569-3171. The Department must approve and submit the studies to the SONA System.