The Sona Research Experience provides valuable opportunities for students to participate in, and contribute to, the behavioral research enterprise. It also provides a pool of research participants for faculty and student research at UA Little Rock. All research studies have been approved by the University’s Institutional Review Board to assure adherence to ethical guidelines.
Sona Research Studies
- Students should go to ualr.sona-systems.com to create an account using the first part of your @ualr.edu email for the User ID. Step-by-step instructions are provided below.
- The last day to create an account is November 3, 2023, at 11:59 pm. After this date, no accounts will be created and research will not be possible.
- After your account request has been reviewed and approved, you will receive an email with your username and password. (It may take approximately 2-5 business days.)
- After you receive this email, log in to Sona, sign up for a time slot, and complete an online research survey before the Participation Deadline on April 15, 2023. Step-by-step instructions are provided below.
- The last day to participate in a study and receive credit is November 17, 2023, at 11:59 pm.
Steps to Create a Sona Account
Click “Request Account” and complete the form using these instructions:
- Sign up for the course you are enrolled in to receive a grade. Look for the instructor’s name and the course number.
- User ID must be the first part of your @ualr.edu email address. Otherwise, you will not receive your confirmation email with your login information. For example, my UALR email is firstname.lastname@example.org – so my User ID must be hxwarg.
- Please allow 2-5 business days for account verification. Once your account request has been reviewed by the department, your password will be sent to your @ualr.edu email address. Please don’t wait until the deadline to sign up for an account. No exceptions will be made for late attempts.
- Log in with the password provided and follow the instructions below to sign up for study time slots and participate in the available studies.
Sign up for a Study Time Slot
Each semester time slots are added to studies. The ‘Participation Deadline’ is the last day a student can participate in this study. To sign up for a study timeslot:
Click one of the listed studies. Then, click the green bar that says View Time Slots for This Study
Then, click the green button on the right that says Sign Up. On the next page click Sign Up.
3. Click the maroon ‘Complete Survey Now‘ button and participate in the study to get credit.
If you are interested in submitting a study to the SONA system for student participation, please contact the Department of Psychology 501-916-3171. The Department must approve and submit the studies to the SONA System.