The Sona Research Experience provides valuable opportunities for students to participate in, and contribute to, the behavioral research enterprise. It also provides a pool of research participants for faculty and student research at UA Little Rock. All research studies have been approved by the University’s Institutional Review Board to assure adherence to ethical guidelines.
The deadline is the last day of class for that semester.
Creating a Sona Account
To create an account, click “Request Account” and enter the requested information. Follow the instructions below:
- Only sign up for the course for which you want to receive credit. Look for the instructor’s name and course number. Otherwise, you will not receive credit.
- User ID MUST be UA Little Rock email address. Otherwise, we will not be able to contact you with your Sona password.
- Please allow 2-5 business days for account verification. Once your account request has been reviewed by the department, your password will be sent to your UA Little Rock email address. Please do not wait until the last day of class to sign up for an account. No exceptions will be made for late attempts.
- Using the email, log in with the password provided and follow the instructions below to sign up for study time slots and begin participating in the available studies.
Signing up for a Study Timeslot
- Click on a study > The ‘Participation Deadline’ is the last day a student can participate in this study. Click the green ‘Sign Up‘ button.
2. Once you click the green ‘Sign Up‘ button; this screen appears:
If you are interested in submitting a study to the SONA system for student participation, please contact the Department of Psychology (501) 569-3171. The Department must approve and submit the studies to the SONA System.