Questions about Fall 2020 Sociology classes?
Looking for information about how our Sociology course offerings have adapted to the pandemic? What to do if you want to come visit the department? For these questions and more, check out our Fall 2020 Sociology Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document.
How to reach us:
If you need us, we are still available! The best way to reach us if you need anything during this time is email. If you are looking for a particular faculty member, email them directly. If you have general questions email us at SOAN-L@ualr.edu. If you want to talk to us, email to set up a meeting by phone, video chat, or, if necessary, in person. If you do not have access to email, you can call our main department number: 501-569-3173. When leaving a message, tell us how to contact you and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Last chance to be advised for Fall 2020 classes! Sign up for an advising spot on our Sociology Advising page.
Sociology at UA-Little Rock
Sociology is a social science dedicated to the study of the social lives of people, groups, and societies. In the study of our behavior as social beings, sociology offers a broad range of interests, from analyzing short contacts between anonymous individuals on the street to examining global social processes.
- Provides students with methodological and analytical skills that will allow them to conduct research and analyze data.
- Helps students to communicate effectively through writing and presentations.
- Encourages critical thinking in an environment where students learn to solve problems and become aware of how individuals, groups, and societies interact.
- Offers a valuable foundation for direct entry into meaningful careers or graduate study in a wide range of fields including law, education, counseling, social work, public health, and public administration.
- Covers a broad selection of courses, including the study of organizations, gender, families, cities, minority groups, environment, and urbanization.