If you need us, we are still available! The best way to reach us if you need anything during this time is email. If you are looking for a particular faculty member, email them directly. If you have general questions (for example, about advising for summer and fall) email us at SOAN-L@ualr.edu. If you want to talk to us, email to set up a phone call or virtual meeting. If you do not have access to email, you can call our main department number: 501-569-3173. When leaving a message, tell us how to contact you and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Sociology at UA-Little Rock
Sociology is a social science dedicated to the study of the social lives of people, groups, and societies. In the study of our behavior as social beings, sociology offers a broad range of interests, from analyzing short contacts between anonymous individuals on the street to examining global social processes.
- Provides students with methodological and analytical skills that will allow them to conduct research and analyze data.
- Helps students to communicate effectively through writing and presentations.
- Encourages critical thinking in an environment where students learn to solve problems and become aware of how individuals, groups, and societies interact.
- Offers a valuable foundation for direct entry into meaningful careers or graduate study in a wide range of fields including law, education, counseling, social work, public health, and public administration.
- Covers a broad selection of courses, including the study of organizations, gender, families, cities, minority groups, environment, and urbanization.