If you need us, we are still available! The best way to reach us if you need anything during this time is email. If you are looking for a particular faculty member, email them directly. If you have general questions (for example, about advising for summer and fall) email us at SOAN-L@ualr.edu. If you want to talk to us, email to set up a phone call or virtual meeting. If you do not have access to email, you can call our main department number: 501-569-3173. When leaving a message, tell us how to contact you and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
It is time to be advised for summer and fall 2020 classes! Even though we are working remotely right now, we are still getting prepared for upcoming semesters and conducting advising. Find out more and sign up on our Sociology Advising page.
Sociology at UA-Little Rock
Sociology is a social science dedicated to the study of the social lives of people, groups, and societies. In the study of our behavior as social beings, sociology offers a broad range of interests, from analyzing short contacts between anonymous individuals on the street to examining global social processes.
- Provides students with methodological and analytical skills that will allow them to conduct research and analyze data.
- Helps students to communicate effectively through writing and presentations.
- Encourages critical thinking in an environment where students learn to solve problems and become aware of how individuals, groups, and societies interact.
- Offers a valuable foundation for direct entry into meaningful careers or graduate study in a wide range of fields including law, education, counseling, social work, public health, and public administration.
- Covers a broad selection of courses, including the study of organizations, gender, families, cities, minority groups, environment, and urbanization.