Here are a few things you can do to maintain your student organization:
Complete a Registration Form
- Fill out a registration form at least once per academic year.
- Register each time you change officers or advisors. This helps ensure you don’t miss important communications from the Student Experience Center or students interested in joining your organization. The president and advisor of each organization should receive regular emails from the Student Organization Leadership Google Group. If you aren’t getting them, let us know.
Apply for funding
- Active organizations are eligible to apply for Student Activity Fee funding. Learn more about the funding process.
Update your documents
- Review and revise governing documents like constitutions and bylaws regularly. This can be as often as every semester but try to update any documents that are more than 5 years old.
- If you’d like help reviewing your governing documents, we can help!
Create officer manuals
- Create and maintain officer manuals so you can help your organization thrive after you’re gone.
- To prepare for new officers, keep a Google Doc, a printed page, or a binder of handouts for each position in your organization. Include any information that might help the next person to fill that role.
- If you need help, the Student Experience Center is a great resource for getting started.