UA Little Rock Child Care Connections offers various services to assist university students in searching for quality child care while enrolled in courses at UA Little Rock.
All children need quality care, whether at home with a parent, being cared for by a relative, or in a child care setting. Quality care promotes the optimal growth and development of children. Additionally, quality child care allows the parent(s) to pursue and complete a college education.
Child Care Connections Services
Enrolled UA Little Rock students can receive services from Child Care Connections, including:
- Consultation appointments to navigate child care services in central Arkansas.
- Wrap-around services with referrals to the Care Team, Student Support Specialists, Success Coaching, and other campus and community resources
- CCAMPIS federal grant program (based on eligibility)
Request consultation with Ms. Shanna Parker, Child Care Connections Director, by email at email@example.com or phone at 501-916-5648.
Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS)
UA Little Rock has been awarded the Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) federal grant worth more than $580,000 from the U.S. Department of Education. This grant will help pay childcare expenses for low-income and single-parent undergraduate students to assist them in completing their college education at UA Little Rock. Child Care funding will be available to students who are income and Pell Grant eligible. (Graduate students are not eligible for the CCAMPIS funding as they are not Pell Grant eligible.)
When applying, please have the following information close by:
- Completed the FAFSA with Financial Aid and know if you are Pell Grant eligible
- Your child(ren)’s information
- Employment information and contacts
- Emergency contacts
NEW Student Application Deadline / Semester to be funded (Provider deadline)
- July 15/ Fall semester (Providers need to be approved by August 15)
- November 1 / Spring semester (Providers need to be approved by December 1)
- April 15 / Summer semester (Providers need to be approved by May 15)
Students currently receiving CCAMPIS funding: Applications are renewed every semester and are due two weeks before the semester starts.
- Please allow 72 business hours for the Child Care Connections staff to respond to the student upon submission.
- If the student is eligible for the CCAMPIS program, a face-to-face meeting with Shanna Parker, Child Care Connections Director, will be required to provide additional documentation needed to verify the identity of the child(ren), residence, enrollment, and employment status (if applicable). Meetings are held in the Student Services Center in room 321 B.
Student responsibilities to maintain CCAMPIS funding:
- Participate in Academic Success Coaching sessions at least twice a semester but typically on a monthly basis.
- Meet with the Student Support Specialist (LMSW/LCSW) at least once a semester.
- Interact with a matched Peer Mentor each semester.
- Complete one educational parent/family support workshop each semester.
- Participate in family-friendly activities depending on the student’s schedule.
- Curricula Concepts Inc. is offering the following training sessions online via Zoom for families and educators in partnership with Child Care Connections. Pre-registration is required. If the participant must cancel for any reason, please let us know as soon as possible. Parents who are part of the CCAMPIS program are required to participate in training and will receive a certificate of completion for their participation. This counts as the educational parent/family support workshops.
- Here is the link to the training calendar: https://curriculaconcepts.com/calendar/
Frequently Asked Questions
Does UA Little Rock have on-campus child care services?
No, UA Little Rock does not have on-campus child care services.
Are faculty/staff employees eligible to apply for the CCAMPIS program?
No, only enrolled students are eligible to apply for the program.
Which child care providers are eligible to participate in the CCAMPIS program?
State-licensed child care providers who maintain general liability insurance and agree to a Memorandum of Agreement can participate in the CCAMPIS program.
Who is responsible for selecting the child care providers?
The student is solely responsible for selecting a state-licensed child care provider.
Are CCAMPIS funds distributed to the student or the child care provider?
Funds are distributed directly to the child care provider monthly after services are received.
Are CCAMPIS funds distributed for a semester or year?
Funding is calculated on a semester basis as long as the student maintains program eligibility and the child care provider maintains eligibility. Funding may be renewed from semester to semester.
Are semester breaks covered in the funding?
Funding is only available while classes are in session and do not include semester breaks such as spring, summer, fall/Thanksgiving, or winter breaks.
What are the ages of children covered in the funding?
During the Fall/Spring semester, children up to the age of five (5) are covered for daycare. Children up to the age of twelve (12) are covered for before and after childcare.
During the summer semester, all children up to the age of twelve (12) are covered for daycare and before and after childcare.
How is CCAMPIS funding determined?
For eligible students, funding is determined using a sliding scale that considers family size and monthly income.
Who is responsible for paying the difference between the cost of child care and the amount that the CCAMPIS funding covers?
The student is solely responsible for paying the difference between the CCAMPIS funding paid to the child care provider and the amount charged by the approved child care provider.
Additional questions can be directed to Shanna Parker, Child Care Connections Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501.916.5648
Those interested in supporting child care needs at UA Little Rock may give via the following ways:
Mail a check to:
Office of Alumni and Development
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 South University Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72204
(payable to UA Little Rock Foundation Inc. and designated for Child Care Needs on the memo line)