Uploaded by TRIO Student Support Services at UA Little Rock on 2019-08-06.
Uploaded by None on 2019-06-10.
Student Support Services is not a financial aid program. The benefits listed below are opportunities that are only available to eligible students who participate fully in SSS, and as funding and resources allow.
UA Little Rock’s Student Support Services is predominately funded by the U.S. Department of Education and receives additional funding support from UA Little Rock.
Some SSS participants may be eligible to receive additional financial support to ease the burden of educational costs. The application must be submitted online and is available at the provided link next to the title of the funding. These opportunities include:
Textbook loan service
READ instructions below first – Application may only be submitted once, and all requested information must be provided for consideration of award.
- Funded through UA Little Rock’s Office of the Chancellor and the Office of Alumni and Development
- Only available as funding and supplies permit
- Applicants must be registered for appropriate (per degree specification) semester classes
- SSS will not purchase any books until that student has returned currently loaned books
- SSS staff members will determine which books will be loaned each semester
- SSS will not purchase access codes, books with access codes, or lab or workbooks
- Active SSS participants may be eligible to borrow up to two books per semester
- Active status for Spring textbook loan is at least two academic check-in meetings and three additional hours of SSS participation completed in the Fall
- Applications for SSS students who do not meet “active status,” but who participated in prior semesters, will be processed after all eligible students and after the first week of classes
- A rubric will be used to ensure a holistic and equal opportunity to receive textbooks
- Access the Textbook Loan Agreement here
- Other conditions may apply
- Funded through the U.S. Department of Education, SSS grant is awarded in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. Higher Education Act
- Applicants must be receiving Pell Grant funds to qualify
- Eligible in first two academic years of college enrollment or through 59 attempted credits (including transfer), whichever comes first
- Must be SSS active participants enrolled in at least 6 undergraduate credit hours
- Must be in at least the second semester of SSS active participation
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and prior semester GPA
- Must be an SSS participant who, in the semester of application, has met the basic requirements of maintaining active participant status: 1) has met with his or her SSS advisor at least twice, and 2) has completed a minimum of three hours of SSS activities, including tutoring, workshops, educational/cultural events, or additional academic/personal counseling with a staff member.
- Must be in good financial aid standing and have unmet financial need that exceeds the minimum award amount
- Grant Aid will be awarded each Spring; Application is sent via email early to mid Spring.
- Grant Aid is calculated with an algorithm that uses your unmet need, GPA, enrolled credits, and Pell Grant amount
- Application may only be submitted once, and all requested information must be provid for consideration of award. “- see Funding page, 4th paragraph, Review rule note)
- Limited funding available: not all who apply will receive funding
- Other conditions may apply
Chancellor and Provost Scholarship
- Funded through UALR’s Chancellor and Provost offices
- Application may only be submitted once, and all requested information must be provided for consideration of award.
- For up to 25 SSS active participants enrolled in at least 6 undergraduate credit hours, who are in at least their second semester of SSS active participation
- Funding preference to juniors and seniors
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Can be awarded once per academic year (fall, spring, or summer) for a total amount of $500. May submit an application during either fall or spring semester. Will not be awarded past summer of that academic year. Application is sent via email in March & October.
- Must be an active SSS participant who, in the semester of application, has met the basic requirements of maintaining active participant status: 1) has met with his or her SSS advisor at least twice, and 2) has completed a minimum of three hours of SSS activities, including tutoring, workshops, and educational/ cultural events.
- Must be in good standing with financial aid and have unmet financial need that exceeds the minimum award amount
- A rubric will be used to ensure a holistic and equal opportunity to receive the scholarship
- Requires one faculty recommendation from a faculty member in the applicant’s major/field of interest with whom the applicant has taken a class
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to request a recommendation directly from a faculty ember and provide the link to the form for submission.
- An applicant should prepare in advance and submit in the online application a 250-word essay describing your career goals. If uncertain of specific goals at this time, it is recommended to discuss some career options being considered. **This essay must be edited and of acceptable quality.** If necessary, visit the University Writing Center to receive support in constructing this essay. Prompt: In 200-250 words, describe your career goals, possibly including what led you in such a direction and why you would like to work in your chosen career.
- Other conditions may apply
Uploaded by TRIO Student Support Services at UA Little Rock on 2019-06-10.