Travel Reimbursement (TR-1, TR-1M)

The TR-1/TR-1M forms are designated by the State of Arkansas and UA Little Rock to request reimbursement for expenses incurred as a result of official university travel. In order to reconcile travel expenses, the form must be completed and submitted via the Travel Document Submission portal, with detailed receipts, within 14 days of travel. Detailed receipts are not required for meal expenses, with the exception of Guests of State.

Form and Printed Instructions

Traveler Information - Top Section

  1. Enter the Traveler’s name, T#, Official Station, Travel Authorization #, Home Mailing Address, and Email Address. These are required fields. 
  2. If this is the final TR-1/TR-1M on the approved travel authorization, check the FINAL-CLOSE ENC box so that all remaining travel encumbrances will be released.
  3. Select Direct Deposit or U.S. Mail for the method you wish to receive any reimbursement. These are the only two options for disbursement. If a selection is not made, reimbursements will be direct deposited to payees’ account, if previously established, or mailed. You are strongly encouraged to establish direct deposit for non-payroll reimbursements: Authorization for Direct Deposit of Non-Payroll Reimbursements
  4. Enter the last four digits of CTS, T-Card, and/or P-Card used for travel expenses.

Personal Vehicle Mileage Reimbursement (TR-1 or TR-1M)

  1. If you are requesting reimbursement for mileage only, please use Travel Expense Reimbursement/Mileage Form (TR-1M).
  2. If you are requesting reimbursement for mileage and other travel expenses, please use Travel Expense Reimbursement/Reconciling Form (TR-1).
  3. Enter the Date, From and To city locations and Miles Driven between the points listed (use Google Maps to calculate the distance)
  4. Any vicinity mileage should be listed on a separate line or on a TR-1M if there is not sufficient room on the TR-1.
  5. Mileage associated with overnight travel should go on one TR-1 for each trip, along with the other travel expenses (hotel, meals, etc.).
  6. For travel reimbursement on a blanket TA, each different overnight trip should be on separate TR-1’s.

Detailed Expenditures Other than Mileage

  1. Enter the Date, Name of Town Visited, and daily amount of actual expenses in the appropriate columns (Common Carrier, Registration, Hotel+Tax, Meals, and Incidentals).
    1. Insert the number corresponding to the incidental expense according to the *Incidentals key (bottom left of form).
    2. Enter the daily hotel room charge plus tax.
  2. Attach detailed receipts for all items claimed except meals.
    1. NOTE: Receipts are required for reimbursement for meals purchased by Guests of State.
  3. Enter the total of each day’s expenses that were paid by the university prior to travel in the Prepaid column.
  4. Enter the total of each day’s expenses that were paid by a CTS, T-Card, or P-Card in that column.
  5. The Personal Reimbursement column will calculate automatically. This is the amount reimbursable for expenses other than mileage.
  6. The Total Expenses (other than mileage) row will calculate automatically.
  7. The Grand Total (Mileage + Personal Reimbursement) will calculate automatically.
  8. Enter the amount of any Travel Advance received.
  9. The amount Due Traveler will calculate automatically (Grand Total – Travel Advance).


Provide comments or pertinent information that will assist in promptly processing the TR-1 (i.e., attaching a Special Meeting Form that allows reimbursement for meals even if there was not an overnight stay).

Lodging Provided Statement

If lodging was provided to the traveler at no cost to the university, please provide the name, address, and phone number of the person who provided lodging. This is important if the traveler is requesting reimbursement of meals but does not have a hotel receipt to validate an overnight stay.


  1. Signature of Traveler. Read the certifying statement and then sign and date the TR-1 attesting to the validity of the expenses reported.
  2. Signature of Supervisor. Supervisor’s signature is required only for blanket travel reimbursement requests. However, departments may establish their own internal approval process (i.e., require signature of supervisor).

Submit Reimbursement Documents

Upload the TR-1/TR-1M and all supporting documents online via the Travel Document Submission link.

Contact for Help

Please contact Lanita Shepherd at 501-916-5745 or if you have any questions or need help completing this form.