Special Meeting Form

The VCFA’s signature is no longer required and these forms do NOT need to be routed through Finance and Administration. Once the Department Vice Chancellor has signed, the Special Meeting Form may be routed to Procurement Services.

Special Meeting Form

The Special Meeting Form is required only for off-campus events and should be completed anytime payment or reimbursement for expenses for official functions is anticipated. Examples include, but are not limited to, when the official function is for non-state employees (guest of state), when a reimbursement is made to a UA Little Rock employee, when the official function involves faculty and staff, or when meals or lodging are within the area of the employee’s “official station.” (See UA Little Rock Official Functions Policy, 205.1 for further information on what constitutes an official function.)

Special Meeting Forms are not required for “on-campus” events. Events on any of the campuses, whether hosted or coordinated by UA Little Rock, meet the criteria of being designated an “official function” of the university. Please note that although the form is no longer required for on-campus events, Sodexo still has first right to refusal for all catering on-campus except for the Bailey Alumni Center and athletic-related events at the Stephens Event Center.

In addition, special attention is needed when completing Section A. Describe event and benefit to UA Little Rock or State. This information is required to comply with state regulations (A.C.A. 19-4-903) on reimbursing expenses within the city or town of employee’s “official station.” Forms not detailing this completely will be returned.

NOTE: Reimbursement for meals, including sales tax and up to 15% gratuity, cannot exceed the federal per diem rate, as established by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). A person who works for another state agency, college, or university, is considered a state employee and is NOT a guest of state therefore, per diem rates apply.

REQUIRED SIGNATURES: The requester, an approver at a higher level (i.e., budgetary head, dean, etc.), and the department vice chancellor signatures are required. In addition, when grant or contract funds will be expended, ORSP must approve.

Approved forms are to be submitted along with a Purchase Requisition, Spend Authorization, or Expense Reimbursement to Procurement Services.

For assistance on completing this form, contact the Office of Finance and Administration at 501-916-3202 or Procurement Services at 501-916-3144.