The University Writing Center is staffed by graduate assistants and undergraduate and graduate interns. They are fellow students who have experienced many of the same writing challenges you are facing.
Writing Center staff will:
- Help you understand your assignment and your instructor’s expectations.
- Read your work at any stage.
- Provide constructive feedback on your writing.
- Discuss ways to make your writing more clear and effective.
- Offer guidance with organization.
- Help you identify error patterns and teach you how to correct your errors.
- Be honest and sincere.
- Offer encouragement and support.
- Help you utilize academic technology including Microsoft Office and Blackboard.
Writing Center staff will not:
- Take responsibility for any stage of your paper.
- Proofread or edit a paper for you.
- Type a paper for you.
- Grade your paper or do written evaluations.
Dr. Earnest L. Cox, Director of the University Writing Center
Dr. Cox oversees the center’s operations, strategic direction, and staffing. He is available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 501-916-6454.