In addition to writing consultations, the UWC also provides several writing-related resources.
Click on one of the writing elements below to find a resource for it. If you can’t find a resource you need, please let us know using our Suggestion Box.
Rhetoric and Argumentation
Grammar, Punctuation, and Mechanics
English as a Second Language
The Purdue OWL provides extensive writing resources for writers for whom English is a second language. Please visit their page to see what all is offered.
The University Writing Center computer lab has nineteen computers available for students to browse the internet, research, and write their projects.
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2016: allows students to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Adobe Creative Suite: allows students to create high-quality design projects
- Scrivener: allows student to work with specialized writing genres and templates
- Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing: allows students to improve typing skills and speed
- Inspiration: allows students to organize their thoughts electronically using outline and clustering methods
- MAGic: allows visually impaired students to see enlarged text and images on the screen
- JAWS: allows visually impaired students to hear text and image alt-text on the screen read to them
Comfortable Study Environment
The UWC also welcomes students to come in just to relax, socialize, or work on their academic endeavors.