A “Pre-test” is required for all students entering Acct 3311 Intermediate Financial Accounting I regardless of completion of past accounting courses at UALR or at other institutions. This exam is not for credit; it is a prerequisite to gauge current knowledge necessary for successful completion of Acct 3311, the foundational course in the Accounting major.
Please note: Successful completion of the Pre-test is NOT required prior to registration for Acct 3311. If a student received a “Prerequisite and Test Score” registration error for Acct 3311, please contact the Accounting Department Chair Dr. Funk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access the Pre-test:
1. Login to your Blackboard.
2. Select the “myOrganizations” tab at the top right.
3. Under “My Organizations” you will find Accounting Pre-Test; click the link.
4. In the left navigation menu, click the “Assessments” link.
5. The exam is titled “Qualification Exam.”
Accounting Pre-test Deadlines:
- Summer 2, First 5 Weeks – Exam due by first day of classes at noon.
- Summer 4, Second 5 Weeks – Exam due by first day of classes at noon.
- Fall, Regular Session – Exam due by fourth day of classes at noon.
- Spring, Regular Session – Exam due by fourth day of classes at noon.
Accounting Pre-test Guidelines
- Students may take the Accounting Pre-test as many times as necessary to pass (70%).
- Students are requested to wait 30 minutes between attempts at taking the Accounting Pre-test to allow Blackboard time to reset.
- Students will NOT receive a confirmation email when they have successfully passed the Accounting Pre-test nor is it necessary to send the test score to anyone.
- A passing score expires after one year.
- Students who have not successfully passed the Accounting Pre-test by the due date will be administratively withdrawn from the course, notified by email of the withdrawal, and will receive a full refund.
- Review material can be found under the “Accounting Principles” section of the blackboard myOrganization “Business Basics: Business Core Review”. If you do not have access to Business Basics, please contact the Accounting Department Chair Dr. Funk at email@example.com.