Inorganic and Bioinorganic Chemistry
Office Location: SCLB 483
Office Phone: 501-916-6542
Inorganic Chemistry, Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Green Chemistry, and Industrial Catalysis
- Development and applications of novel homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysts
- Development of polymers and materials for sustainable & clean energy, and smart material research
- Novel nanomaterials for biological applications
UA-Little Rock Appointments
- Associate Dean, DCSTEM (2022-Present)
- Chair of Chemistry Department (2019-2022)
- Professor (2017-Present)
- Associate Professor (2012-2017)
- Interim Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Programs (2014-2015)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS)
- Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA)
- MS, Indian Institute of Technology (Kanpur, India)
- BS, Calcutta University (Calcutta, India)
Awards and Honors
- Central Arkansas Professor of the Year, American Chemical Society (2015)
- Faculty Excellence Award in Research (University-wide), University of Arkansas at Little Rock (2014)
- College of Sciences Award in Research, University of Arkansas at Little Rock (2014)
- Kenneth G. Hancock Memorial Award in Green Chemistry (American Chemical Society) (2005)
- 2004 International Achievement Summit Award (2004)
- Recipient of Teresa Heinz Scholars for Environmental Research (2003)
- Recipient of Green Chemistry Conference (Washington D.C) scholarship (2003)
- Co-awardee of Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award with Prof. Terry Collins (1999)
- National Eligibility Test (NET) under the CSIR, Govt. of India (1997)
- Chhetri, B. P.; Karmakar, A.; and Ghosh, A. Recent advancements in lanthanide (Ln) ion based upconverting nanomaterials and their biological applications., Part. Part. Syst. Charact. 2019, 36, 1900153.
- Parnell, C.M.; Chhetri, B.P.; Mitchell, T.B.; Watanabe, F.; Kannarpady, G.; RanguMagar, A.M.; Zhou, H.; Biris, A.S.; Ghosh, A. Simultaneous Electrochemical Deposition of Cobalt Complex and Poly(pyrrole) thin Films for Supercapacitor Electrodes. Sci. Rep. (Nature), 2019, Volume 9, Number 1, Page 71.
- Quantification of intracellular graphene and induced surface receptor responses. Nima, Z. A.; Kieng Bao Vang, Nedosekin, D.; Kannarpady, G.; Saini, V.; Bourdo, S.; Majeed, W.; Watanabe, F.; Darrigues, E.; Alghazali, K. M.; Alawajji, R. A.; Petibone, D.; Ali, S.; Biris, A. R.; Casciano, D.; Ghosh, A.; Salamo, G.; Zharov, V.; Biris, A. S. Nanoscale, 2019,11, 932-944.
- Selective detection of human serum albumin by near infrared emissive fluorophores: Insights into structure- property relationship. Choudhury, R.; Patel, S.; Ghosh, A. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 2019, 376, 100-107.
- Ghosh, A.; Tiago de O. Filipe; Yano, T.; Nishioka, T.; Beach, E. S.; Kinoshita, I.; Münck, E.; Ryabov, A. D.; Horwitz, C. P.; Collins, T. J. Catalytically active μ-oxodiiron(IV) oxidants from iron(III) and dioxygen. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2005, 127(8), 2505-2513.